Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Wonderful Valentine's Birthday

I have one of the best husbands ever, let me just start with that. American Girl Boston (Natick, really) is a little more than an hour's drive from our house, and he was nice enough to spend the first half of our Valentine's Day this year going there and back with me all while trying to stay ahead of Winter Storm Neptune. After a wonderful V-Day lunch at the nearby British Beer Company, we made it home safely and are now prepared to be snowed in for the rest of today and tomorrow, which is my birthday. I can't complain, as I am surrounded by some great loot!

I have a new girl, who I have been trying to decide upon for months, and (surprise, surprise) she wasn't even the doll I was intending to get today! I originally had decided on MyAG #31, after waffling between her and #58. I wanted another Addy mold in the group, and BeForever Addy is tempting, but I just couldn't stand the thought of replacing my original girl. So I went right for the MyAG section and found #31, and...wasn't wowed. There wasn't that spark. So, on a whim, I looked for #26, who has always intrigued me because of her unique eye color. And the first doll I picked up just glowed. I have so many curly-haired dolls that I was excited for the prospective #31's straight hair, but I couldn't ignore how Miss 26 was making me feel. I chose her, and I'm so glad I did! She looks just different enough from Addy that I can see them as two completely separate characters.

The sweet cashier took her out of the box for me, and I knew immediately I'd made the right choice. After awhile, I fessed up to the fact that she was for ME, not my imaginary daughter, and the lady was very supportive! She even told me a story about an 84-year-old customer who had recently had her own birthday party there and picked out her first "nice" doll. I had 26's ears pierced, and then left in a haze of birthday excitement.

I wanted to give her a name that would remind me of this day, but couldn't think of anything Valentine-y that would stick. Then, as I was checking the weather app when we got home, the name of the winter storm that is currently hitting the southern U.S. caught my eye-Octavia. Perfect! Our blizzard/storm's name is Neptune, so that was obviously a no-go, but Octavia is so wonderful and unique. It will definitely fit the doll should she visit 1850s New Orleans with Cecile, and when she's modern, she can be Tavi for short.

What else? Well, there were some items from the brand new BeForever release that I just had to have. Samantha's Traveling Coat called out to me immediately, especially because I had always been drawn to the travel duster set from her old, original collection. Her Special Day dress had to be mine as well, even though I hate how short they are making her skirts now, because it is AQUA, my spirit color. And then, after I had purchased these two outfits along with Miss Octavia and her earrings, I had to run in again before we left for home to snag Addy's LE Sewing Set, because, aside from the fact that I adore the bold colors of the dress, the little bird pincushion is so adorable that I died.


Here is my new dear, Octavia!



Miss Scarlett gets a gorgeous new dress from Etsy seller bobbyjoesue !


Samantha's brand new Travel Coat and Hat


 Rebecca looking beautiful in Samantha's mint green and pink Special Day Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but if you can't be nice or respectful, I reserve the right to have a problem with you.