Monday, February 20, 2012

Disney LE Wedding Rapunzel

I am excited today because pre-orders are being accepted at midnight PST by Disney for the 17" Limited Edition Rapunzel Wedding doll. I haven't even seen Tangled Ever After, since they cleverly decided to tack it on to the recent theatrical release of Beauty and the Beast 3D, but from the first preview pics of her, I was in love. I adore her sassy short hair, and obviously the wedding dress is a masterpiece. I REALLY shouldn't be spending any more money after the Birthday Bonanza I just enjoyed not two days ago at the AG Place in Boston, but...I'm going to just see if I get a chance to do the online pre-order, and then, if it's successful, "I'll think about that tomorrow." I am on the east coast, so the pre-order starts here at 3 am. And since I took tomorrow off for my personal four-day birthday weekend, I can actually be up at that time without dire consequences. 

It seems ridiculous, I know, but I actually did it before back in the fall of 2011 when Disney released the Designer Dolls (I really wanted Snow White). It was terribly fun because all the other crazies like me were hanging out on the Disney Store Facebook page and enjoying each other's company as we nervously waited for the victorious moment we could add the doll to our shopping carts and check out before the website crashed. I didn't make it, unfortunately, but I treasure that weird experience all the same. Later, I had a grand time reading other people's accounts of that night, especially the ones who went to wait in line for a doll in person at a physical Disney Store. 

So, anyway, I still am arguing back and forth with myself about the necessity of owning this particular Rapunzel doll. Her beauty is stunning, but here is one doll I definitely wouldn't be able to unbox and play with. That will bug me; most dolls that I do have never stay in their boxes for long. I'm not one for collecting for the monetary value of things. I love to handle, pose, change outfits, and do hair. But I can't get Wedding Rapunzel out of my mind, so I'm sure I'll be sitting at this computer in 9 hours with my heart in my mouth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but if you can't be nice or respectful, I reserve the right to have a problem with you.